An important factor to consider when you are buying a home is the neighborhood. The neighborhood tells a lot about the people who live there, such as single person, growing families, two-career couples, or retirees. Your neighborhood needs to suit your needs and fit your personality.
Scout the neighborhood!
Before buying a house, scout the neighborhood in person.
- Talk to the people who live there.
- Drive through the entire area at different times of the day, during the week and on weekends. This will give you a good feel for the neighborhood.
- Look carefully at how well other homes in the area are maintained. Are they painted? Are the yards cared for? Are cars in good condition? These are just a couple of questions you should consider when scouting the neighborhood.
Neighborhood factors to consider:
- Look for things like access to major thoroughfares, highways, and shopping. What do you want or need to be around?
- Listen for noise created by commerce, roads, railways, public areas, schools, etc.
- Smell the air for adjacent commerce or agriculture.
- Check with local police, fire, and school officials to find information about the area.
- Research the soil and water.
- Look at traffic patterns around the area during different times of the day. This will assess your drive to your work, as well.
- Is the neighborhood near parks, churches, recreation areas, shopping, movie theatres, restaurants, transportation, schools, etc.? Where do your daily activities take place?
- Find out if the neighborhood belongs to a Homeowner’s Association.
If you are struggling to find the right neighborhood, or maybe you don’t know where to start, contact The Vince Carter Team at 270-908-0020.
**We are a local Commercial and Residential Real Estate Brokerage and team. Our mission is to give Western Kentucky buyers and sellers an exceptional real estate experience! The advantage of working with our team is having a group of professionals who are skilled and specialized to serve your needs versus an individual agent trying to be a master of all trades. Innovation, creativity, and a consultative style drive our process that will help you effectively and efficiently, whether it’s residential or commercial real estate. For more information contact us directly at 270-908-0020 or www.WeSellPaducah.com.**